Bears trade - Mahe Fonua

Go down

Bears trade - Mahe Fonua Empty a fun read

Post  aardvark on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

A fun read Laughing it was and would've have been fun to watch it unfolding - if I wasn't sleeping Sleep lol!

Once I saw the new rules - I thought it would be the case of making sure you got that early opportunity to get your first bid in straight away. Reckon there could be benefit in a bit of minor tweaking of the times - but as Tony said - the bidder gets to decide when the action finalises if they so wish.
aardvark
aardvark

Back to top Go down

Bears trade - Mahe Fonua Empty Trade Approved (Blue Tongues)

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

Acknowledged

Big start to the trading season.

The Committee
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gutsycup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bears trade - Mahe Fonua Empty Re: Bears trade - Mahe Fonua

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am

Stumpy wrote:
arfer wrote:[how do you get to cut someones post and illustrate it for a response..i'm often an IT idiot

anyway tis was the quote
But by the same token it's a bad system because I was the only person to initiate a trade this week and the system has allowed you (on this occasion) to effectively freeze me out of trading for the entire week. Not your fault or anything, but that is effectively the result

That happened because I had placed a bid back on Tuesday and you could have either rebid and we could have been doing this at any time or a spaced out period (or jumped on someone between then and 2pm wed)

You just click on the 'quote' button - makes sense when you think about it Laughing

ah yes....here we go, ta
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Bears trade - Mahe Fonua Empty Like this

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am

arfer wrote:[how do you get to cut someones post and illustrate it for a response..i'm often an IT idiot

anyway tis was the quote
But by the same token it's a bad system because I was the only person to initiate a trade this week and the system has allowed you (on this occasion) to effectively freeze me out of trading for the entire week. Not your fault or anything, but that is effectively the result

That happened because I had placed a bid back on Tuesday and you could have either rebid and we could have been doing this at any time or a spaced out period (or jumped on someone between then and 2pm wed)

You just click on the 'quote' button - makes sense when you think about it Laughing
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 am

[This week we both gambled.
I knew i'd have to get up at this god-awful hour to compete
you could have bid on another player before 2pm today (yesterday now) but hoped i'd be asleep at this time]

A) I just put the bid on on Monday night and then came back tonight to see how I went, so I didn't know you had outbid me.
B) I couldn't bid on another player whilever I had a bid on Fonua - you're only allowed one live bid at any time. Cllearly he was my preference, so I wouldn't be chasing anyone else until he was finalised
C) Obviously I could if the bidding on the first player was exhausted, but none of us can control what the other coaches are going to do. My initial bid could have sat there until midnight tonight before anyone decided to jump on it.....and then we're back to square 1

Cheers Tony, I think I've had about enough for today too
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:31 am

I don't think i'm talking much sense at the moment (though some would argue that i'm simply up to my normal standard)

Anyways, I'm off to bed, the bidding is done - hope work is going well

Tony
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:26 am

[how do you get to cut someones post and illustrate it for a response..i'm often an IT idiot

anyway tis was the quote

arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:22 am

I expected a lot more teams to have had did this week - the only other bid is the kicker one.

In future weeks i'd expect another 3-4 bids alive at the moment

This week we both gambled.
I knew i'd have to get up at this god-awful hour to compete
you could have bid on another player before 2pm today (yesterday now) but hoped i'd be asleep at this time

The one big disadvantage/problem will be that those teams that get their bid in later may find the weight of others jumping in on their bid as it is the last one alive

Say 3 bids - start times:
A: 1pm Tuesday,
B: 6pm Tuesday and
C: 2pm wednesday

Bid A has three bidders, one wins two lose. Both losers (at 1pm Thursday will be unable to bid on a new player, so if they really want a new player, must select bid B or C

Likewise, bid B decides at 6pm Thursday, a further two bidders lose, the losers must now concentrate on the final bid C

Whilst this is a 'problem' - it could also be a lot of fun

It will also pay to get you bid in as early as poossble

As for teams, I know my side is already short 3 backs (poor planning and Dugans idiocy) - hence Fonua and a back being #1 target this week. Even if Fonua stays in until Waqa comes back, it will help and then i can always cash him back in

arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 am

arfer wrote:Bluetongues take the bid to 360 k

this is a good system - it has allowed you to control the time of your bid - i.e. godawful o'clock but it extends the bidding time at the beginning and the end

....who needs sleep...I'll save it for when i'm at work Wink

Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah, I get the control element is with the initial bid, but effectively you can only go after 1 player each week and if you're outbid you're stuck with the same squad as last week. I could only name 17 players once last season, and I'm already feeling like I'll be in the same boat again this year.
Don't get why it couldn't be 24 hours rather than 48
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 am

Yeah, but you have to wait 48 hours to see if you've been successful and then if not, you can't bid on another player even though the trading window is open for more than another 24 hours.
Sorry mate, wasn't deliberately holding you up - I'm actually working now

I'm out, don't have the funds to go any higher......of course you'll still have to wait another 20 minutes to see if anyone else jumps in as he is the only player anyone can bid on between now and 2pm Friday Mad
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:58 am

I can't understand why you wouldn't prefer this system? - with your hours it makes it much more accessible and useful - no more having to be at the pc at the exact time each week
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:56 am

so to clarify my last comment, you can now control the end bidding time

as the opening bidder, you get the privelege of deciding when the final bidding battle and extension will take place
(I was planning on bidding for him first tis week too and it was inevitable that we should be bidding against eah other to continue last years tradition.)
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:54 am

in deference to The COmittee, make that the worst since the 30 minute period was added - that was a BIG step forward
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 am

Bluetongues take the bid to 360 k

this is a good system - it has allowed you to control the time of your bid - i.e. godawful o'clock but it extends the bidding time at the beginning and the end

....who needs sleep...I'll save it for when i'm at work Wink
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am

that should be...

closes 2pm friday so opening bid needs ot be made before or on 2pm wed, so it closes (after 48 hours) in time for the weeks cutoff
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am

Which makes this officially the worst system we've ever had (allegedly Rolling Eyes )

We'll offer 203k then
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:49 am

(i think) it it from midday monday and closes midday friday so the opening bid must be done by midday Wed for it to close within the 48 hours
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:47 am

By that I mean, open the bidding on a player
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 am

Mr. Bluetongue, what's your understanding of the new rules?
I thought I read somewhere that you have to place a bid on a player prior to 2pm Wednesday, but can't find it anywhere now - do you know for sure?
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 am

Bluetongues trake it to 200k
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stumpy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 am

We'll up it to $111k
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  arfer on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Bluetongues will bid $110k...welcome to the new season and the continual bidding war Smile
arfer
arfer

Back to top Go down

Bears trade - Mahe Fonua Empty Bears trade - Mahe Fonua

Post  Stumpy on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 am

Mahe Fonua. The handbook says he's only played 4 games, but we'll offer him $100k anyway
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum