Gutsy Cup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seagulls trade - Ryan

4 posters

Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty Trade Accepted - Bears

Post  Admin Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 am

Approved

Bears

The Committee
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gutsycup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty blah blah blah

Post  Stumpy Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 am

You know what, I've had a really f*^king crap day today. All the guys who work for me know to leave me alone on Thursdays as I'm always under the pump, but one of them inconsiderately (I'm not serious) comes down with pneumonia and can't work tonight or tomorrow night meaning I had to spend a couple of hours on the phone trying to find fill-in hosts. Eventually I turn up to my gig late after a world record briefest shower and shave before I even give this comp a second thought. I manage to log on during a break and place a bid not really expecting to be successful only to get home 5 hours later to be abused by two of you for I don't really know what.
Apparently I've 'screwed up someone else's chances of a trade this week'. So, I'm not supposed to bid on players after someone else does? Then A) why have bidding at all? and B) try explaining that to everyone else - I must have bid on about 10 players this year but have only managed to sign 4, less than probably half the teams in the comp; maybe you want to get on their case about 'screwing my chances'....GIVE ME A BREAK! Unlike previous seasons, I have no $ to throw around, so it's not hard to outbid me, and if I may paraphrase the COmmittee: 'bid what you think a player is worth and then if you're outbid you can't complain.'
Also, I thought the new 48 hour negotiation period was supposed to allow the first bidder to decide when the player would be signed. Seems to me the logical thing is to initiate the negotiation so that you are available to check back 48 hours later to monitor the outcome. (As an aside, I note that gullman says he waited 4 days, so obviously things are still moving pretty slowly in Adelaide)
Finally, this is a game we're playing. If you honestly think I'm out to sign every player I bid on you must have come down in the last shower (no pun intended, Ms. Bligh). If I can force you to pay an extra $80k for a player you want, then that's $80k you don't have to spend on a player I want next week or the week after - hand on heart, I've only been caught out once in numerous plays over the past few years. In poker it's called a bluff and I'm sure I'm not giving this away to all of you, but FFS give me a little credit here - I'm not the only one who benefits clown

P.S. Simon, by my reckoning there are still four players you can bid on this week and two of them are back rowers.
See u fucking later.........I'm off to bed
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty Re: Seagulls trade - Ryan

Post  gullman Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 am

I had 3 or 4 back rowers i could of bid on but decided on Mr Ryan as i thought no one else would want him. I waited 4 days and no other bids on him so off to Wendy Mathews rehearsal i go straight after work. get home at midnight and find Stumpys bid. Well thanks a fucking lot. I hate this trading thing and as mentioned before i aint got time to sit on the computer all day playing timeframe games.
See u fucking later.........im out

gullman

Back to top Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty Another typical Low Act from Stumpy

Post  aardvark Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 pm

A chat today went along the lines of -> "No doubt there'll be another 'Low Act' tonight, so I wonder which player Stumpy will throw a bid on at the last minute and hope he gets away with it - in the meantime screwing the other person's chance of a trade this week Mad - and not for the first time this season"

It's just Poor Form Stumpy Evil or Very Mad - but then what else do we expect from you !!!!! Exclamation

aardvark
aardvark

Back to top Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty Re: Seagulls trade - Ryan

Post  Stumpy Thu May 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Bears will cut Lussick if Mr. Ryan is happy with $103k
Stumpy
Stumpy

Back to top Go down

Seagulls trade - Ryan Empty Seagulls trade - Ryan

Post  gullman Tue May 21, 2013 8:37 pm

S. Michaels out & M.Ryan in for 100k